Thursday, January 14, 2010

Changing Table System After Setting Partition Table Type As Msdos With Parted, Lost Xfs Partition. How To Recover? Xfs_repair Failed

After setting partition table type as msdos with parted, lost xfs partition. How to recover? xfs_repair failed - changing table system

I had been 2 partitions on my hard drive, ext3 and XFS. When you install Windows XP on a partition ext3 and NTFS is broken. That's good. Windows XP works well. But if I am on my Linux machine, I have not in a position to the xfs partition. Then I accidentally changed the table type MS-DOS partition with parted. After the loss of my xfs partition entry in the list of partition table. Can not find split - rescue command xfs partition. I have tried xfs_repair. Wanted secondary superblock and failed this test. I have my 6 years in the collections of valuable data, the xfs partition. Please help me save the file system.

1 comment:

Negotiat... said...

No idea. I know - a bad reaction to an answer, but if no one around, I suppose, to support my statement.
The only thing I can recommend is that if the money is not a problem, call a consulting firm, the search data from damaged discs. I personally would not do if your data is really important because some of these companies charge up to $ 400 for retrieving data from a single HD. You can help the companies to the state because I do not know where he lives.

Post a Comment